Your Hearing Is Our Priority

Who treats hearing loss?

  • Audiologists are professionals with a master's degree, Au.D. or Ph.D. in audiology, the study of hearing. They specialize in testing, evaluating and treating hearing loss. An audiologist may also fit hearing instruments.
  • Hearing Aid Dispensers are trained in fitting and dispensing hearing aids. Hearing aid specialists are often state-licensed and board-certified to test for hearing loss and to fit consumers for hearing aids.
  • Otolaryngologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, throat, head and neck disorders.
  • Otologists treat disorders of the ear and its related systems.
  • Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialists can determine if there's a medical condition causing the hearing loss, or whether medical treatment, such as surgery, could be helpful.
View all faqs